sky Blue

Friday, June 16, 2006

TGIF,,,,or almost


>Subject: The Holy Land> >> > A man and his ever-nagging wife went on vacation to Jerusalem. While> >they were there, the Wife passed away.> >> >The undertaker told the Husband "You can have her shipped home for> >$5,000, or you can bury her here, in the Holy Land, for $150." The man> >thought about it and told him he would just have her shipped home.> >> >> >The undertaker asked, "Why would you spend $5,000 to ship your wife> >home, when it would be wonderful to be buried here and you would spend only> >$150?"> >> >> >The man replied, "Long ago a man died here, was buried here, and three> >days later he rose from the dead. I just can't take that chance."> #########################################################This is a shot from last year ,,,thought it was really cool. It was taken in Copake at the camp ground. Next week,,,Birthday week,,,going camping but not sure yet where. {J} wants to go to a electric site,,,so he can run the AC. I pefer to just be near water,,,so need to search the internet and find a good spot. Today is friday,,,for most people it is the end of the week,,,but not I....one more day to go before I have a sorta ,,,and I stress the sorta part,,have a day off. This am,,,up at 5. Went out on the porch to have my am smoke,,,and kept hearing a kitten cry,,,so I went to the source,,,and found the white baby up the tree. I got the ladder out,,,put some pieces of chicken on the lower branches and hoped it would come down on it's own. I saw the mother cat go up the tree and in my thinking it went to save her baby,,,,,nooooo,,,it went after the chicken. I had to climb up the tree and get it. Never again,,,the little heven,,scratch my arm up. That was the start of my day. It is going to be a heavy day,,,,numerous box holders and JCpenny cataloges...that are thicker than a normal phone book. So I gotta get a early start,,,,Hope by 4pm I can say,,,TGIF-----Happy Trails,,,,,,,,And some more funny {Hopefully} jokes. I dialed a number and got the following recording: "I am not available right now, but thank you for caring enough to call. I am making some changes in my life. Please leave a message after the beep. If I do not return your call, you are one of the changes." ~~~~~ At pilots training back in the Air Corps they taught us, "Always try to keep the number of landings you make equal to the number of take offs you make." ~~~~~ Aspire to inspire before you expire. ~~~~~ To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a committee. ~~~~~ My wife and I had words, but I didn't get to use mine. ~~~~~ As my five year old son and I were headed to McDonald's one day, we passed a car accident. Usually when we see something terrible like that, we say a prayer for those who might be hurt, so I pointed and said to my son, "We should pray." From the back seat I heard his earnest request: "Please, God, don't let those cars block the entrance to McDonald's." ~~~~~ Frustration is trying to find your glasses without your glasses. ~~~~~ Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting. ~~~~~ The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere ~~~~~ God made man before woman so as to give him time to think of an answer for her first question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home