sky Blue

Friday, August 04, 2006

Boat Trip



These next 20 blogs or so will picture,,,you got it----Pictures from the coast and vacation scenes. The weather for the most part was HOT,,,but that's how I like it. Perfect beach weather for me. Had the usual auguments with {J},,,Lower the freakin A/C. His concept of perfect camping is all the windows zipped up closed,,,curtains drawn shut. Me I like all the curtains opened and the windows. We have a pop-up,,,A pretty good sized one,,,with tons of windows. And we always have our site overlooking the water. So we are constintly bickering and unzipping & zipping windows. And me loving the warmth,,,hate it when the inside temp is 60 degrees in summer. . I had frost bite when I was a baby and almost lost both of my legs,,,,perhaps that has some thing to do with it who knows. Have to laugh thou- my brother who was camping also is like me,,,,and his wife is complaining about the heat....She said if Bobby see's a breeze, however slight it is off goes the A/C.,,,Yesterday thou we were all sitting on the beach and had our sandchairs partialy in the water when a big breeze came up and brought our temperture down like 30 degrees. From 90'2 to 68 degrees. What a drop. lucky for me and Bobby no A/C that night. Now back to the photo's. We went over to Newberry Port to catch the boat. Newberry is one of my favorite port towns. The boat left right on time and we headed out to sea for a hour and then stopped on a Island. The island was one of the isles of Shoals. If I recall right there are like 7 of them all together or near each other. The name of ours was Star Island. They have a hotel on there and a bunch of cottages. It is manely for retreats and seminars. Any one can go but you must attend the seminars. The day we were there a religious one was going on. The cottages are very rustic but cool. Rumor has it that some of Black Beard's treasure was found there. The one picture is of our boat we took. The other is a artists building. Were they can go to paint and get in the spirit of it. We had a naratted tour of the whole place and that was very informative. I would love to go spend a week there!!!,,,,At 5;30 they ring a big bell on the porch of the hotel and every one in the seminar heads in for dinner. We were on the porch at that time having a cig. { The only place you are allowed to smoke}...And I offered my nephew Johanothon $10 to follow them in and sit with them. He was came to making the bucks so he took the dare---I was watching closely incase some weirdo trade to steal him. He followed them in and walked with every one..about 100 or so people,,,,then he asked a waitress for a extra seat....she said they were all full. I gave him $5 for effort. The deal was go in and sit for 3 minutes,,,,He did good at beginning crashing it. {One of the movies we all watched together was """Wedding Crashers"",,,It was pretty good,,and gave us idea's :>},,,On the boat ride we got to see a Finback whale. It was 50 feet long and wide as a submarine. Was told that is the secound largest whale. Well enough for now I am tireddddd. Back to work on the morrow. My hair has gotton so light it looks like platium blonde,,,ugh need to darken it,,,,back to brunette......Happy Trails!!####### Senior Jokes!Nice to have something to look forward to! An elderly gentleman had serious hearing problems for a number ofyears. He went to the doctor and the doctor was able to have him fitted fora set of hearing aids that allowed the gentleman to hear 100%. The elderly gentleman went back in a month to the doctor and thedoctor said, "Your hearing is perfect. Your family must be really pleasedthat you can hear again." The gentleman replied, "Oh, I haven't told my family yet. I just sitaround and listen to the conversations. I've changed my will three times!" <><><><><><><> Two elderly gentlemen from a retirement center were sitting on abench under a tree when one turns to the other and says: "Slim, I'm 83 years oldnow and I'm just full of aches and pains. I know you're about my age. How doyou feel?" Slim says, "I feel just like a newborn baby." "Really !? Like a newborn baby !?" "Yep. No hair, no teeth, and I think I just wet my pants. <><><><><><><> An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and aftereating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen. The two gentlemenwere talking, and one said, "Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great. I would recommend it very highly. The other man said, "What is the name of the restaurant?" The first man thought and thought and finally said, "What is the nameof that flower you give to someone you love? You know... the one that'sred and has thorns." "Do you mean a rose?" "Yes, that's the one," replied the man. He then turned towards thekitchen and yelled, "Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to lastnight? <><><><><><><> Hospital regulations require a wheelchair for patients beingdischarged. However, while working as a student nurse, I found one elderly gentleman--already dressed and sitting on the bed with a suitcase athis feet--who insisted he didn't need my help to leave the hospital. After a chat about rules being rules, he reluctantly let me wheel himto the elevator. On the way down I asked him if his wife was meeting him. "I don't know," he said. "She's still upstairs in the bathroomchanging out of her hospital gown." *************** Couple in their nineties are both having problems rememberingthings. During a checkups, the doctor tells them that they're physicallyokay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember.Later that night, while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair. "Want anything while I'm in the kitchen?" he asks. "Will you get me a bowl of ice cream ?" "Sure." "Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it ?" she asks. "No, I can remember it." "Well, I'd like some strawberries on top,too. Maybe you should writeit down, so's not to forget it ?" He says, "I can remember that. You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries." "I'd also like whipped cream. I'm certain you'll forget that, writeit down ?" she asks. Irritated, he says, "I don't need to write it down, I can rememberit! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream - I got it, for goodnesssake !" Then he t oddles into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes, the old man returns from the kitchen andhands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs. She stares at the plate for a moment. "Where's my toast?"

1 Comments:

  • At 10:58 AM , Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

    Lots of gorgeous photos on here! I love the barn reflected on the poond and lots of others. I am sorry I haven't got time to look and read everything right now becase of the mother's death and her house and estate etc, but I hope I have time to revisit later when things get straightened out. Nice work! Mary

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home