sky Blue

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Camping,,,,Take 1

We started out Friday at 11 am. Packed up both blazers and drove around back to get the pop up. As we did that HE recalled he put the tow bar,,(hitch thing) on back of truck in the am and forgot to take it off and he drove a bunch and lost it. Time to scramble around and find new thingy hitch crap. It was hot out! Got one which really wasn't to hard to find being we have so many for all the various toys..Boats,,campers and such. He helped me load the Kayak on my blazer,,,time now is 12;30pm,,,we headed up to camp with numerous stops to see if the bikes were not swaying,,,and tied them down some more. Me I hated the noise the kayak sounded on the roof,,,going 60 and hearing the wind,,,had to crank the radio up so missed all his phone calls to me. We got up to the Lake by 2pm. It was beautiful, we had a great spot,,2 feet from the water. Set up camp and I kayaked around the Lake. Was so surprised it seemed so shallow to me...Crystal clear I could see bottom. I saw a Long Northern pike and from there decided to no longer look in water,,,to many scary movies thought the pike would want to overturn my vessel. I did venture from North to South lake admiring the scenery. Got back to camp and lounged by the lake reading a mag. Then I remebered I never picked up my BP meds from my local drug store,,, so we headed back to town to get my Toprol,,,stopped at house to get mail then back to camp,,,,it was 6;30,,,He started the grill and made a awesome supper,,,I so liked the part where he did all the work!! We then hung out in camper enjoying the view. Think we fell asleep at 10pm. The heat kicked on a bunch,,,,me I think I slept in middle of bed,,afraid of bears. Every time I coughed or laughed or farted was expecting a bear claw to come throw the pop up---we survied the first night. Woke up early at 6am---too early went back to bed,,,up at 9am,,to coffee purked and breakfast cooking,,,the aroma in the fresh air was so pleasant,,,different from the scents of the city. After breakfast and a shower we went on a hike in the woods,,,along a cliff where you had to sign in at a log book,,,bear warnings all around,,,think I was ok with it for 30 minutes,,till I started seeing possible bear hang outs and decided I was in there kneck of the woods,,,I wanted out---He laughed a bit called me a pussy till I demanded we get out of the freakin woods,,,I had such a eerie feeling there,,,it was pretty and all,,,just not the mall! Shall continue this in the am,,,,Cheers for now and Bear free---Happy Trails :>)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Geeze you and Josh would make a fine pair in the woods lol BEAR ahhhh

    Like that campsite, how much a night?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home