sky Blue

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

This is the camp....


We were right on the lake. This is North Lake up in Haines Falls, NY. A very nice location. I think we had the best spot on the whole lake. I kayaked all over the lake from North to South. And Monday for fun we decided to follow the yellow trail which goes all around both lakes...North and South,,,We had to be in the woods a bunch and for me that is scary,,,kept waiting to see a bear ,,but luckily for us there was none. At the south beach you can rent paddle boats,,,row boats and canoe's. The prices are very cheap,,,i think like between $10-$20 for the whole day. Only the paddle boats are by the hour,,,and that might be like $5- or $10. When we got back to camp,,,(finally) his Mom and her boyfriend were waiting for us with lunch and drinks,,,which was a nice surprise. I invited my 2 younger brothers up to see us but they were both off doing their own thing so It was nice to see some family. And we even had cell service up there. No animals besides the birds and ducks. But during the night the ducks ( 2 mallards) were making a ruckus,,,,it turns out there was a raccoon,,,and the only way we knew of it,,it got into the blazer and ate all the bread. Nice spot if any one is in that kneck of the woods I would recommend it. I will post more at a later date,,,for now I am home,,trying to unpack,,head to gym and get to work by 3pm. Cheers and Happy trails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home