sky Blue

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Aday or so in the life of me


Yes I do believe this is the last picture from vacation. The rest are a bit to risky to publish. This is one of the walks to the beach from the parking lot. There are 3 large parking lots,,,and 2 have walks like this. When I awoke this am it felt like a fall morning. The air was crisp. Every one is talking about how nice the weather is,,,I liked it when it was in the 90's. Even lower 80's are fine with me. Last night it was a bit nippy in my neck of the woods....It went down to 50's outside,,,I set the heat on 60 in the house but it never did click on. Now I am thinking of walking on this walk,,,,It is so pretty when you get up to and under the gazebo part,,,you look out and all you see is ocean. There are benches there for sitting a nice spot to meditate and appreciate all the beauty around you. But I am not there now,,,this am I awoke to dressing in layers again for doing the mail,,,shorts and tang top and sweater. I stopped at the local Sterwarts shop and a guy came in riding a bike,,,looking for gloves. Dam this is suppose to be August. Just seemed unreal to me. At work we all got breakfast,,,I phoned in the order,,,,I wanted my eggs on whole wheat bread untoasted. The same way I have been getting them for like the last 100 times,,,,It came back on burnt toast,,,,I was ticked and called them and told them. I had to hurry up the day and try to get done and home by 5pm,,,,,{J} and I were meeting his brother and sister in law for supper. We were going out on the big boat and heading to that great place in Coxsockie,,,,was a nice evening on the river. They have never seen any Eagles before and we saw 4 of them so that was cool. We got up to the resteraunt and noticed another couple from our club there. I swear the other couple,,,his wife is anorexic,,,,she looked so freaking bonny,,,unhealthy so. She went to the bathroom and I asked him what they had and if it was good,,,,he said he just got a burger and her just a salad,,,,I wanted to tell him,,,to give her more food. Next function or social gathering I see her I really need to talk with her,,,perhaps I can help..Who knows. I think she is 5 Ft 5 and weighs 75lbs,,,I ordered calamiri,,,,and a nice juicy T-Bone,,,was looking forward to that,,,,but as typical as my day went a strip steak on a roll covered with onion rings and a plate of fries came out for me,,,,totally not what I ordered......The waitress was very sorry and said she will correct it,,,but every one had their food and I said Never mind....I took the meat off the bread,,,,gave {J} the French fries and onion things in exchange for his al' donte veggies. My meal was ok,,,,1 star.....Every one else's looked great,,,,ribs and chicken dishes,,,,but the good news was I only had to leave the tip,,,{J} brother picked up the check. It really was a nice evening and had a grat boat ride. On the morrow going to take Mom to a chicken/clam bake. His Mom and Aunt will be there and lots of cousins and family so it will be another nice outing. After that when I get home fixing my blog and adjusting my template,,,so the things on my side bar might actually be on the side and not on the bottom,,,think I should get Jonathan over to help me,,,,the guru of a 14 year old might work better me at it......Happy Trails!!!! Math 1950-2006 Last week I purchased a sandwich for $1.58. The counter girl took my $2 and I was digging for my change when I pulled 8 cents from my pocket and gave it to her. She stood there, holding the nickel and 3 pennies, while looking at the screen on her register. I sensed her discomfort and tried to tell her to just give me two quarters, but she hailed the manager for help. While he tried to explain the transaction to her, she stood there and cried. Why do I tell you this? Because of the evolution in teaching math since the 1950s: 1. Teaching Math In 1950 A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit? 2. Teaching Math In 1960 A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit? 3. Teaching Math In 1970 A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit? 4. Teaching Math In 1980 A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20. 5. Teaching Math In 1990 A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers.) 6. Teaching Math In 2006 Un hachero vende una carretada de madera para $100. El costo de la producciones es $80.################################################################

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home