sky Blue

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Casual Friday

Today I was looking foward to sleeping late...well at least till 8am. I awoke at 6ish to the sounds of chain saws,,,and weed eaters out my bedroom window. The chain saws were in the orchards,,,the workers are thinning the tree's. But the weed eater man was below my window. BUZZZZZZZZZZ,,,,A little hard to sleep to that. Guess I should be thankfull the are working and less I have to do,,,,But only if they started later,,,the better. They start the day at 6am,,,and finish at 3pm. Not I ,,,I start when I awake,,,and don't finish till its time to go to sleep at 10pm,,,And even then I have to sleep light so I can hear my patient. Last night was a good night. She slept all the way till 8am. I awoke her then to make sure she is ok. Thursdays are hard on her....the lady that comes gets her up by 7;30,,,,and she does not nap at all...think at times she is afraid that she will miss something,,,or perhaps not wake up. She told me that once with a " At my age you never know". Now its 8:20 and she is snoring nicely. I will leave here and head to the gym,,,then meet {J} and head on the river,,,,we need to gas up the big boat again,,,but not sure if we will go on that or the small one and drift around. Right now its a pretty morning but I think it should be warmer,,,,I like the heat and humidity,,,and the air seems brisk,,,I even got goose bumps,,,,think I need to get out in the sun. Enjoy Happy Trails!!!#################################################
A cat died and went to Heaven. God met her at the gates andsaid, "You have been a good cat all these years. Anythingyou want is yours for the asking."

The cat thought for a minute and then said, "All my life I lived on a farm and slept on hard wooden floors. I would like a real fluffy pillow to sleep on."

God said, "Say no more." Instantly the cat had a huge fluffy pillow.

A few days later, six mice were killed in an accident and they all went to Heaven together. God met the mice at the gates with the same offer that He made to the cat.

The mice said, "Well, we have had to run all of our lives:from cats, dogs, and even people with brooms! If we could just have some little roller skates, we would not have to run again."

God answered, "It is done." All the mice had beautiful little roller skates.

About a week later, God decided to check on the cat. He found her sound asleep on her fluffy pillow. God gently awakened the cat and asked, "Is everything okay? How have you been doing? Are youhappy?"

The cat replied, "Oh, it is WONDERFUL. I have never been so happy in my life. The pillow is so fluffy, and those little Meals on Wheels you have been sending over are delicious!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home