sky Blue

Monday, May 29, 2006

My weekend

This is a shot from our island. It is a private island owned my uncle. And belonging to all in the family. So far this year no one has been enjoying it but me and {J},,,and least not forget the dog,,Bingo. You can see Rip Van Winkle in the back drop of it. It sits in the Hudson River. We were out there 2 days in a row,,,taking my tiny tin boat out on the Hudson. Felt very funny riding in that when the bigger boats go by,,,,Thought for sure they thought,,,that was all we had. Next week we are taking the big boat out!!! The island was nice and tranquil.{ I wrote all about it this am,,and as I did that... I downloaded something on putor,,,and froze it all up. I tried walking away from pc for a hour so It could figuar it all out on it's own,,,,but when I went back to it ,,,still frozen and had to pull the whole plug on it all}. This piece of drift wood I wanted yesterday to take home,,,,I planned on having {J} cut it half way down the log part,,,I even showed him it. He agreed to do that for me,,,and I was going to shellac it and put it in the side yard......But as I look at it now,,,,I think it was meant to belong where it is. Grant it the picture still would be nice with out it,,,but with it in it is much better. And perhaps some one else might pass this way and see the beauty in it. Where it was taking just a few feet from that shot is a large tree that Eagles hang out on. When we approached the island on Sunday 3 were perched up in it,,,,ans 2 others farther down the beach. They were hunting the waters looking for herring and strippers. We did see a few Caracas of strippers,,,not sure if they were from the birds or just died on their own.. Also saw a lamprin eel dead which was a reminder for me to watch the waters. They also come up the river during spawning and go after the herring. When I was a kid I used to see tons of herring with their guts ripped out,,,,my uncle told me they were from the eels. Since then I try to stay out river till herring has passed. Was a real nice weekend and felt good to be home a bit. { J } did all the cooking and he did a great job on his salads. Got to cyber with a few of my pals and that was nice. My cyber friend Bill bought a pair of blue diamond earrings,,,,nope not for me even thou birthday is approaching,,,,for his wife,,,,I told him he must have screwed up bad or he is just a sweetheart. Think the later is more like it. And now I am back at work. And here I shall be for a few days. My patients nephew {85years} is up from Florida for summer. I invited him and his son over for a late lunch,,,early supper on Wensday. Should be nice. His son has some issues,,,scitzo and all but he is pretty cool,,,and is always nice to his great aunt,,,my patient so should make for a interesting meal. The last meal last year,,,he enjoyed so he licked the steak knife,,blade facing in....This year we will not be serving any caffeine drinks. Time to close all the lower windows and ventue on up to my room,,,,Happy Trails!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Take the drift wood,,you might need something hard at home :>)

     
  • At 10:15 PM , Blogger Helena said...

    Funny,,,have you been there?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home